Now Hiring: ADPR Social Media Intern
Social Media & Communications Intern
The School of Advertising & Public Relations at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville is hiring a student intern to assist in social media and website content creation across multiple platforms (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) including the ADPR website.
• Content creation
• Copywriting for social and website
• Social media campaign implementation
• Social media ad creation
• Attend weekly meetings
• Help manage events
• Assist with UT Social Media Week
• Assist with social media ambassadors
• Periodic social media takeovers
• Strong writing skills with some knowledge of AP style
• Some previous social media management
• Design skills with either Creative Cloud or Canva
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
• Preference will be given to advertising and public relations majors
• Passion for design, content creation, and social media
• Strong initiative to complete independent work
• Demonstrate a desire to learn about the School of ADPR and its students
Hours per week: 10-15 per week on average. Paid internship.
Start date: Mid-August 2021
About the School of ADPR:
Located in the College of Communication and Information, the School of Advertising & Public Relations houses two of the most popular majors at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The Advertising and Public Relations programs offer Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees. The programs are nationally and internationally recognized and accredited for the quality of their scholarship and instruction.
Our program offers opportunities beyond the classroom that involve professional internships across the nation, study abroad in various countries, and school sponsored trips to network with industry leaders and alumni in New York, Nashville, and Atlanta. With its nationally recognized educators and wide-ranging opportunities, the School of Advertising and Public Relations continues to be a program of excellence at the University of Tennessee, preparing students and scholars to become innovative leaders in their respective fields.
If interested, email resume, cover letter, and social media and/or writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “student intern 2021.” Applications are due Friday, April 30, 2021.