Dr. Moonhee Cho is an Associate Professor in the School of Advertising and Public Relations at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Her primary research focuses on organization-public relationships and engagement, nonprofit public relations, social movement, and strategic use of social/digital media.
Cho has published more than 30 articles in peer-reviewed academic journals and book chapters. She also presented more than 55 pieces of original research at national and international academic conferences. She has taught various public relations and strategic communication courses, such as principles of public relations, public relations research, public relations cases, public relations/strategic communication campaigns, public relations management, and international public relations.
She was awarded the Outstanding Research Award for 2018. She is a former fundraiser and public relations practitioner at Partners for the Future Foundation, the charity arm of the American Chamber of Commerce in Korea. She also worked at United Way North Central Florida to develop a donor relations program.
- PhD, Mass Communication, University of Florida
- MA, Mass Communication, University of Florida
- BA, Psychology, Advertising and Public Relations (double major), Ewha Women’s University
- Organization-Public Relationship/Engagement
- Nonprofit Management; Fundraising
- Strategic Use of Emerging Media