Matthew Pittman is an assistant professor of advertising and joined the ADPR faculty in 2019. Prior to UT he taught at Rowan University and was a strategic social media consultant. He received his PhD from the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon in 2017. He studies social influence and cognition, mostly within the context of sustainable campaigns and social media. His work has been published in journals such as: Journal of Advertising, Journal of Consumer Psychology, International Journal of Advertising, Computers in Human Behavior, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Social Media in Society, Journal of Media Ethics, Journal of Current Issues & Research in Advertising, and others.
He is a member of the American Academy of Advertising, the Association of Internet Researchers, and the International Communication Association.
- PhD, Media Studies, University of Oregon, 2017
- MDiv, Theology and Culture, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2013
- BA, Media Arts and Design, James Madison University, 2003
- Social Media and Cognition
- Sustainability Campaigns
- Green/Environmental Advertising