Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Prospective Students


High School Students: Where Do I Begin

High school students apply to the University of Tennessee to be admitted as a major in advertising in the College of Communication and Information. For information about applying to the University of Tennessee online visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission

On-Campus Students In Other Majors

Current University of Tennessee students who are enrolled in other majors but wish to transfer to the School of Advertising and Public Relations should make an appointment online with an advisor in theĀ  CCI Center for Undergraduate Studies and Advising. The advisor will help the student to determine if he/she is eligible to transfer into the school. On-campus transfer students should be aware that it takes a minimum of four terms to complete the required 300-and 400-level advertising courses.

Transfer Students

Students who are enrolled at other universities or colleges may 1) apply for admission to the university and 2) declare advertising as their major at the same time. Transfer students will be assigned to the CCI Center for Undergraduate Studies and Advising for at least one semester.